Friday 6 May 2011

Time...... Something not on my side.

I remember when I was a kid and all I could think of was how I wanted to be a grown up and do grown up things. I think we all thought that once or twice, but if we had of had the opportunity to see what it would be like to have "responsibility" would we have ever thought that again?

For me? Absolutly, I love having repsonsibility. It keeps me from going insane and makes me feel like I'm accomplishing things. Unfortunately in my earlier less responsible days I didn't prepare for my future and had no idea what I wanted to do or be. Now I'm running into the problem on not having enough time in the day to do what needs to be done, let alone try and get done what I want to do.

For those of you who don't really know me, "Allow myself to introduce....myself". My name is Jamie Thomas and I am a Sports Artist. Or at least I want to be. I'm going to be turing 32 this August, I'm married to a beautiful woman by the name of Julie who just happens to have the most beautiful daughter in the whole wide world who goes by the name Megan and the cutest little puppy named Sammy. We live in Barrie Ontario Canada and I work full time as a Quality Control manager technition sort of, lol. We enjoy our life but unfortunately much like everyone else in the world today we have stresses and bills and not enough time to get everything done that we want in a day.

So on my lunch time I useually do my research about sports artists and read articles and send out emails and try to figure out just how I can get a contact that can get me in touch with someone in the NHL so that I can figure out just how I can become a sports artist for real!

Between working all day Julie and I are trying to start our own craft business called Olde country crafts. Not only that she's been trying to get together with her brother to start a band, not only that she also works part time as a cleaner, not only that she wants to start her own cleaning company. Needles to say that we also have both our families and friends wanting us to visit and wanting to visit us and a daughter who needs our love and attention. Finding time for everything and not hurting anyones feelings has become a huge thing for us as well. We just don't have the time to do it all but we have the desire and want. Time is just something that's not on our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment